Friday, July 6, 2012

Arrival of the Guests

My sister and nephews arrived safely!

And . . . I didn't get any pictures of them yet. I'll try to later.  The nephews were so tired they slept all the way home then slept all night.

But they came bearing gifts! 


These are those they brought for me.

First, a miniature of a traditional Kashmere spinning wheel. Kashmere is a city in India where cashmere the wool is produced. Well, a lot of it, anyway. Cashmere actually grows on goats and it's their undercoat hair. It takes about 3 years for a goat to grow enough to make a sweater out of. That's why it's so expensive. And it's soft and warm, etc.

Anyway, I'm a spinner, so my sister thought I would enjoy this. And I do. It's really nifty.


And, if it were full size, I'd even be able to use it. It's like a Walking Wheel/Great Wheel, but table size and cranked by hand.

They had a two day stopover in Holland on their way here, and she also brought me these cool clogs!  Unfortunately, they're too small to fit my giant size feet, but they're very pretty.  They'd fit a normal person's foot, but not mine.


She thought I would like these because I do clog dancing. While these aren't anything like what we cloggers wear, I believe that they did have a hand in starting the traditional clogging.

And now it's time to swim with the nephews!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda!
    Those are some great gifts, but I know your favorite one is getting to see your sister! :)
    I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure :) I often get side tracked and forget the main point of a post before I finish writing it, so don't be surprised if they seem to ramble!


      I'm glad you're enjoying the blog.

      Delete