Thursday, August 23, 2012

Failed Chandelier

I set out to do another painting job recently, but unfortunately, it ended in failure.

Oh, I just spoiled the ending, didn't I?  Oh well. 

In our dining room there was this ugly light fixture/chandelier.

It's probably been there the entire 15 years this house has been around, and it's been there the whole 6 years we've owned our house.

It's got rust spots on it

And some of the globes are cracked (I had taken them off already in this picture)

So I decided to take it down and try the paint procedure on it

It ended up looking pretty nice, IMO, covered all the spots


I taped the globes to paint them since the glass didn't come out

Anyway, the chandelier looked good when I finished, but then it didn't work for some reason. I hooked it all up to the ceiling again, but no luck.  I tried a bunch of different things. I guess some paint got into the wires somewhere, though I plugged all the spots with paper to try to avoid that.

Anyway, we ended up getting a new chandelier.

I think it looks better anyway. I like how the lights point down instead of up like the old one. So while this painting project failed, I've had others succeed, so I'm not all that disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment